Rosellarambles

Wednesday 18 April 2007

KEEP TRUE TO THE DREAMS OF THY YOUTH

Life can take funny turns, is how I started my e-mail to my English friends. Wednesday I was asked to come for an interview in London, Thursday I was on a plane and Friday I was sitting in a stock brokers' office. Yes you are reading this correctly. My language skills had attracted their attention and instead of me explaining them my potential, I was to answer questions such as: "What are your hobbies?" (huh?) and "What are your doing in 15 years?" (not sure what I am doing tomorrow). "Can you take verbal abuse, getting drunk with colleagues and work 15 hours a day?" (no, no, no).
I was tempted to ask them if they weren't ashamed that they saw most of their children by looking at the picture on their desk.
And then the clue: the job is in Franfuert, Germany. I am sort of willing to step into a new world, where money (a lot) is being earned, but how far do we need to push it?
Oh. well. After I had a bad dream about it, so I wasn't affected at all when I got a rejection.

Somewhat unprepared, it is good to be back in London and I am met with enthusiasm and sunshine, it is good for my motivation.
I am chilling out with L., had Friday night dinner with AB., a loooong walk on the countryside (see picture) with A., a fascinating talk with D, a BBQ with a bunch of people, just to name a few.
Even though it should be familiar ground, I was keeping myself awake for a little bit the first few nights, trying to digest the interview and the people.

In any case I am trying to get the most out of it and turned a 'business' visit into a holiday. I am leaving for Scotland, where I will be both travelling on my own and visiting R., after which I will spend a few days in London again before setting off to the south of England, Cornwall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home