Rosellarambles

Tuesday 10 April 2007

LAW OF INERTIA

A yoga-obsessed friend told me a cycle towards change takes forty days.
She might be right. Almost six weeks after the return of my horizon-broadening experience, I feel I am at a crossroad.
The first two weeks I did not bother to adjust and let myself float on my jetlag, watching TV at night and slept during the day, with my sole obligation to cook dinner.
The following two weeks I exposed my social side and enjoyed thoroughly salsa dancing, cake baking, writing job applications (ok, less enjoyable), visiting theatre and dance performances and seeing friends, who unfortunately don’t live in Amsterdam anymore. I found myself drinking hot chocolate in a café in Haarlem, dining in Rotterdam, celebrating a birthday in The Hague and strolling through Utrecht. Plus of course my sisters’ birthday and a visit of my New York friend.
The last two weeks just went by without much hesitation. A day visit to Duesseldorf, Germany to see a Picasso exposition, a few days reading on the Belgian countryside and more of the above.
It all can not however conceal the feeling of laziness, which can eventually lead to apathy. My Hungarian friend put it a little bit more in a Newtonian light: An object at rest (me) will remain at rest unless acted upon by an external and unbalanced force (work, discipline). An object in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by an external and unbalanced force.
I can’t make up my mind: go to London and make the best of it, or stay here trying to do some freelancing and spend the summer in Israel…..

1 Comments:

  • At 31 May 2007 at 23:07 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey - Is that yoga-obsessed friend and New York friend one in the same or do you have more than one yogi in your life? See you soon. :) youknowwho

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home